Chronic Pain Management with Spinal Cord Stimulation, fundamentals workshop
The goal of this course is to build hands-on skills in all aspects related the use of neurostimulation for chronic pain management. This course will mainly focus on hands-on implant techniques, applications, programming as well as multi-disciplinary in-centre approach to pain management.
Over the course of the 2 days, the participants will acquire confidence and competences in performing a supervised SCS case, having the opportunity to be trained by a leading faculty of European experts in the field of pain management and SCS.
By the end of this stage, participants will be able to:
- describe the different types of pain and therapy options
- explain the basics of anatomy and physiology involved in SCS
- recall the clinical background evidence and theories of MOA in chronic pain management
- describe the basic of programming
- list the SCS common indications (FBSS, CBLP, radiculopathies)
- select the right patients for SCS
- demonstrate how to handle patient interview to introduce the therapy to the patient managing expectations
- demonstrate how to choose between surgical leads and percutaneous leads in FBSS management
- demonstrate the technical skills for the trialling and implant
- describe the basic troubleshooting
- demonstrate how to handle complications
The Program welcomes 20 pain management specialists with no or limited knowledge of the Spinal Cord Stimulation therapy: Pain anaesthesiologists and Neurosurgeons